If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryClinical Care
DepartmentHome Plus RC Pharmacy-Specialty
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryPharmacist will be embedded in the Monument Health Cancer Care Institute and serve as an oral chemotherapy specialist. Pharmacist will be part of the Cancer Care Institute care team and provide treatment recommendations and clinical support, including medication counseling, for oral chemotherapy patients. Pharmacist will work closely with Monument Health Specialty Pharmacy to complete Therapy Management activities and streamline medication access, dispensing and delivery for oral chemotherapy patients.
Review prescriptions and provide medications and medical information in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policies and federal and state pharmacy laws and regulations.
- Accurately, safely, efficiently dispenses the correct medication in accordance with the practitioners order and in compliance with all policies, regulations and laws.
- Counsels all patients receiving new medication therapy, providing pertinent information that will help to ensure patient compliance.
- Initiates or arranges for complete follow-up on drug therapy problems noted, providing appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff.
- Initiates or arranges for follow-up of medication dispensing and supply ordering questions.
- Maintains accurate and complete controlled substance record keeping.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, therapeutic duplications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, drug-disease interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Provides accurate, adequate, and timely drug information to Healthcare professionals, patients, and the public.
- Supervises and directs work activities of dispensing area. Establishes work priorities and directs activities of technicians.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Additional functions for Cancer Care Institute Oral Oncology setting:
- Provide pharmacy specialist services in an oncology ambulatory setting. Pharmacist will be embedded in the Monument Health Cancer Care Institute and serve as an oral chemotherapy specialist.
- Participates as needed in clinical programs and/or functions as a clinical pharmacist. (Patient Care, Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacist Functions)
Additional Qualifications for Cancer Care Institute Oncology setting:
- PGY1 with focus in Clinical Ambulatory Care setting with at least 50% of time spent in direct patient care/clinical ambulatory care setting OR
- PGY1 in a non-Ambulatory Care setting (PGY1 Pharmacy practice residency) PLUS 1 additional year of experience with at least 50% of time spent in direct patient care/clinical ambulatory care setting OR
- 3 years of experience with at least 50% of time spent in direct patient care/clinical ambulatory care setting.
- Eligible to sit for the BCACP/BCOP within 1 year of hire
- PGY2 in Ambulatory Care, Oncology, or related area
- Clinical experience in Oncology, specifically around management of specialty medications in these areas.
Education - Bachelors degree in Pharmacy
Certification - Pharmacist - South Dakota Board of Pharmacy
Education - Doctorate in Pharmacy
Experience - 1+ years Retail Experience; 1+ years Pharmaceutical Experience; 1+ years Clinical ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.40 Monument Health Home Plus
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply