If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryClinical Care
DepartmentRCH Infusion Therapy
Scheduled Weekly Hours20
Job SummaryReview prescriptions and provide medications and medical information in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policies and federal and state pharmacy laws and regulations.
- Accurately, safely, efficiently dispenses the correct medication in accordance with the practitioners order and in compliance with all policies, regulations and laws.
- Counsels all patients receiving new medication therapy, providing pertinent information that will help to ensure patient compliance.
- Initiates or arranges for complete follow-up on drug therapy problems noted, providing appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff.
- Initiates or arranges for follow-up of medication dispensing and supply ordering questions.
- Maintains accurate and complete controlled substance record keeping.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, therapeutic duplications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, drug-disease interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Provides accurate, adequate, and timely drug information to Healthcare professionals, patients, and the public.
- Supervises and directs work activities of dispensing area. Establishes work priorities and directs activities of technicians.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Pharmacy
Certification - Pharmacist - South Dakota Board of Pharmacy
Education - Doctorate in Pharmacy
Experience - 1+ years Retail Experience; 1+ years Pharmaceutical Experience; 1+ years Clinical ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply