If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$52.64
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryClinical pharmacists work in collaboration with other providers to deliver comprehensive medication management that optimizes patient outcomes. Care is coordinated among providers and caregivers and across systems of care as patients transition in and out of various settings in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policies and federal and state pharmacy laws and regulations.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Identifies medication-related problems such as: appropriateness of drug, dose, route, frequency, duration; minimizes therapeutic duplication; identifies/prevents drug-drug, drug-food, drug-lab, or drug-disease interactions.
- Monitors patient response to therapy.
- Provides accurate and adequate drug information to other multi-disciplinary team members and drug educational information to patients and their families.
- Follows and appropriately manages pharmacy protocols (e.g. heparin, warfarin, pharmacokinetic, IV to PO, therapeutic interchange, renal dosing).
- Participates in quality improvement projects.
- Under general direction/guidance from pharmacy leadership, leads development, implementation, and maintenance of pharmacy services in a specialty area (e.g. medication safety, drug shortages, formulary changes, team leader in a specific practice area).
- Acts as a resource in area of specialty.
- Consistent documentation of consults relative to peers.
- Consistent documentation of pharmacist interventions relative to peers.
- Consistent documentation of adverse drug reactions relative to peers in same practice settings.
- Consistent documentation of medication variances relative to peers.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors in Pharmacy
Certifications - Pharmacist - South Dakota Board of Pharmacy; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
Education - Doctorate in Pharmacy
Certifications - Post-graduate Year 1 (PGY-1) - American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
Work Experience - 3+ years Hospital Experience; 3+ years Clinical Experience; 1+ years Pharmaceutical ExperienceLight work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply