If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$125,382.40
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Clinical Perfusionist will practice under the supervision of the Director of Surgery and the primary surgeon. The perfusionist will utilize the principles and established standards of the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Accurately and systematically records all parameters pertaining to perfusion.
- Assesses each surgical patient, assists the nursing staff and primary surgeon in making appropriate choices of perfusion supplies.
- Assist other staff to implement improved actions of policy and procedures as a result of Performance Improvement activities.
- Assists the surgeon with pacemaker analysis and programming in Cardiopulmonary Bypass when requested.
- Assists with patient assessment, provides surgical back-up and IABP assistance to the cardiac cath lab, CCU and ICU.
- Assures that perfusion supplies and equipment will be available for all cases.
- Demonstrates the skill and judgment necessary to implement procedures and documents appropriately.
- Establish quality indicators that will be monitored and reported monthly.
- Evaluates the perfusion pack and all perfusion supplies annually.
- In accordance with established protocol, sets-up and primes the heart lung machine and cardioplegia circuits.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Science
Experience - 1+ years of Clinical Experience
Education - Masters degree in Perfusion
Certification - Certified Clinical Perfusionist - American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP)
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyClinical Support
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply