If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$20.93
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryCertified professional who delivers performance enhancement training programming to the customers served in their specific area of engagement. Serves under the direction and supervision of the Sports Medicine/Performance Enhancement department’s management.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Implements programming involving the four pillars of Mindset, Movement, Nutrition and Recovery, including safe and effective lifting techniques and spotting procedures.
- Understand how best to utilize the training equipment, training protocols, training technology and assessment resources, while providing feedback throughout training.
- Completes any required certification courses within the first six months of employment.
- Become familiar with all aspects of the training program in order to deliver an outstanding training experience.
- Lead any new customer trial training sessions, deliver a narrative throughout the trial that explains the program to both athlete and parents (if applicable). Be able to engage with athletes and parents while demonstrating your skills and expertise.
- Keep performance center organized, equipment maintained and follow cleaning procedures.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and support through every customer interaction.
- Collaborate with medical providers to design, plan, organize and facilitate training needs dependent on any individual’s unique needs.
If assigned within an Intercollegiate Athletic Department:
- Works under the direction and supervision of the Head Strength and Conditioning Coordinator as part of the athletic medicine department of the University.
- Under the direction of the Head Strength and Conditioning Coordinator, assists with development and over sees training programs.
- Acknowledge and follow all policies, procedures and regulations set forth by the NCAA, affiliated athletic conference(s), University and Monument Health as they apply to athletic training, strength and conditioning, and the student-athlete’s well being.
- Collaborates with assigned head coaches to design, plan, organize, and facilitate strength and conditioning needs for each of the university sports.
- Will assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coordinator in maintaining appropriate records as required by the NCAA, affiliated athletic conference(s), University and Monument Health.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Health Related Field
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing ;
One of the following Certifications must be held:
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) - National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) or Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) - Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa).
Certifications - EXOS Performance Specialist (XPS) - EXOS; Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) or Certified Exercise Physiologist (EP-C) – American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM); Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) – National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM); USA Weightlifting Coach Certification - USA Weightlifting
Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
DepartmentMHOSH Sports Med/Anc Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 70 Monument Health Orthopedic and Specialty Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply