If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryAssists with the daily operation of the Business Office through the processing of all personal and insurance payments. Communicates with patients and handles billing issues by contacting third party payers regarding payments. Ensures all third party payers are paying according to signed contract.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Balance all clinic money received from patients.
- Completes reminders received per department guidelines.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of account transactions and conversations.
- Conducts timely follow up of client accounts as needed.
- Assists new patients with paperwork while evaluating patient financial status and establishes payment plans as appropriate. Verifies that all new patient forms are complete and signed.
- Calculates and collects patient financial liability including co-pay, coinsurance, and deductible. Establishes payment arrangements at the time of visit. Accepts payment and generates receipts.
- Performs the following routine daily collection and related activities.
- Recommends placement of account for further collection activity, including legal action, as evidenced by documentation, observation and feedback.
- Responsible to ensure quality services in self pay collections is given in accordance to applicable policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Works with patient and agencies in getting applications approved.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of HealthCare Administration Experience
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyPatient Financial Counseling
DepartmentRCH Revenue Cycle Management Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless there is an approved exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the vaccine prior to starting employment, with a second dose scheduled, or submit proof of previous vaccination.Apply