If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryAssists the nursing staff in providing efficient, effective, and safe patient care appropriate to the age of the hemodialysis patient. This is based on the principles of dialysis and knowledge of growth and development over the life span.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the technical and chemical principles of dialysis therapy and assists in the mechanical and technical aspects of the hemodialysis procedure.
- In collaboration with the RN, performs pre, post and intra-dialytic patient evaluation including vital signs, observing for signs of fluid overload or volume depletion, weights, and vascular access evaluation as evidenced by observation, feedback and documentation.
- Initiates first steps in Dialysis emergency situations and summons an RN, as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Initiates, maintains and terminates the Dialysis treatment using the patient’s proper Dialysis prescription information under the supervision of the RN as evidenced by documentation, observation and feedback.
- Assists Registered Nurse by cleaning and setting up appropriate equipment and supplies to initiate dialysis.
- Reinforces health teaching in the areas of access, ESRD, Dialysis, side effects, and dietary issues.
- Reports actual/potential problems to the appropriate individual(s) as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Utilizes principles of sterile technique when maintaining or setting up dialysis equipment as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Supplies are appropriately stocked and supply room is well maintained.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) - Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC) and Unlicensed Dialysis Technician (UDT) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
***Certifications, if not current, must be obtained within 18 months of hire date***
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Rapid City Regional Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply