If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Patient Care Champion at Monument Health, you can begin your healthcare career with no experience necessary. You will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Patient Care Champion, you will assist the nursing staff in providing excellent, effective, and safe patient care including personal hygiene. You will participate in the admission, transfer, and discharge process as well as contribute to the permanent documentation of patient data. On the job training and continual support will help build knowledge and skills needed to provide best in class care and demonstrate cohesive teamwork.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Answers the telephone efficiently and effectively, transferring telephone calls appropriately.
- Greets patients and visitors in a pleasant manner, effectively handling their needs.
- Alerts the appropriate persons of the arrival of a patient.
- Consistently provides quality customer service to all customers by performing various secretarial functions in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Provides general office support and is willing to be a team player.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and departmental information with no infractions.
- Provides direct personal patient care such as bathing, toileting and any other needs of the patient.
- Will provide care for multiple patients within a department.
- Works in collaboration with Nurses as well as other disciplines within the department.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General StudiesPhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyNursing Support
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 60 Monument Health Lead Deadwood Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless there is an approved exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the vaccine prior to starting employment, with a second dose scheduled, or submit proof of previous vaccination.Apply