If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyPatient Financial Counseling
DepartmentCS Provider Patient Financial Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryResponsible for conducting all necessary follow-up of accounts identified by practice management reports and/or work lists in accordance with established guidelines, with the primary goal of collection of accounts receivable.
- Conducts timely follow up of claims as needed.
- Demonstrates application of follow up processes necessary to ensure prompt, appropriate reimbursement of services and supplies bills to third parties and appropriate payment of services and supplies due from patients, as evidenced by documentation, observation and feedback.
- Integrates compliance standards and payer specific data to properly file claims.
- Maintains and updates appropriate system documentation to provide information regarding claim processing to internal or external customers.
- Recognizes problem situations in the reimbursement process and initiates an appropriate response as evidenced by documentation and feedback.
- Uses judgement and decision making skills in relation to the identification of patient responsibility in providing information to the insurance company. Further identifies unresolved requests of patient responsibility and transfers account to self pay.
- Attends mandatory training sessions as directed by the Corporate Compliance Officer and the Billing Compliance Officer as recorded in the education logs.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Clerical Experience; 1+ years of Medical Patient Accounts/Financial Service Experience
Certifications - Certified Clinical Account Technician (CCAT) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals; Certified Patient Account Technician (CPAT) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply