If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyEmergency Services
DepartmentLDH Ground Ambulance
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Job SummaryPlans and provides direct patient care specific to diagnosis and age of patient served, under the direction of the Emergency Department physician, on a continuing basis, to obtain optimum health for patient and family, in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policy. Provides BLS and ALS Emergency Care.
● Collaborates with the Emergency physician in the formulation of the individualized plan of care from admission through discharge, as evidenced by documentation and feedback.
● Consistently identifies patient and significant others teaching needs, participates in and reinforces teaching, including patient/family and significant others, as evidenced by documentation, observation and feedback.
● Contributes to patient assessment and participates in the implementation of nursing intervention.
● Demonstrates the ability to recognize an emergency and initiate appropriate response, as evidenced by documentation and observation.
● Implements plan of patient care after initial assessment by RN and works closely with Healthcare team.
● Participates in the evaluation of the effectiveness of patient care interventions and contributes to the revision of the plan of care as necessary, as evidenced by documentation, observation and feedback.
● Demonstrates the ability to start an IV on a patient as evidenced by documentation and/or observation.
● Performs procedures and treatments according to EMS standards and department protocols as evidenced by documentation and observation.
● All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Paramedic Certificate - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners; Basic Life Support Certificate - American Heart Association; Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certificate - American Heart Association; Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certificate - American Heart Association
Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.60 Monument Health Lead Deadwood Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply