If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentMHMC-Hot Springs-South Primary Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Care Team Specialist - LPN is an integral part of the patient care team. As such, the Care Team Specialist - LPN has an active role in planning, managing and coordinating patient care at the individual patient level and at the panel (population) level. The Care Team Specialist - LPN utilizes a progressive, collaborative approach to provide direct patient care within the Care Team Specialist - LPN scope of practice to optimize patient care and outcomes.
- Maintains awareness and actively participates in Regional Health’s Purpose, Vision, Values and Priorities. Meets expectations and maintains competencies of new hire orientation checklist, annual competency verification, and participates in education/quality improvement programs as directed.
- Anticipates, understands, and addresses daily needs to ensure consistent, efficient workflow that meets the needs of the patients and providers. Participates in daily huddle with provider to articulate patient flow concerns to maintain timely patient flow. Demonstrates the ability to make patient care decisions based on the urgency of individual needs.
- Prepares electronic health record for scheduled appointments/procedures, including pre-charting; reviews record for completeness and accuracy before appointment and updates as appropriate.
- Obtains and records vital signs as well as verifies past medical, family, surgical, and social history as well as patient home medication list.
- Assists in managing problem list under the supervision of provider.
- Rooms patients, collects assessment data and prepares patient according to specific need, including documentation support. Assists with and documents patient education.
- Participates in assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care in a variety of complex situations utilizing evidence based care and under the supervision of a licensed Registered Nurse, Advanced Practice Provider, or Physician.
- Assists in documentation of examination and treatment, including the use of standard templates, appropriate order modes, and other tools.
- Demonstrates the skill and judgement necessary to implement physician orders, procedures, and nursing interventions within scope of practice.
- Enhanced visit closure responsibilities, including review of After Visit Summary and scheduling necessary follow up appointments.
- Responsible for consistent and standard pre-charting.
- Appropriately manages in-basket work, such as phone calls, refill requests, etc.
- Supports care coordination for identified patients across the continuum of care in collaboration with providers. Completes administrative duties such as prior authorization, pre-certification, scheduling surgery or complex testing as required.
- Organizes and prepares exam rooms, lab, and work areas including cleaning, stocking, ordering supplies, checking equipment, and putting equipment away.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Related Field
Certification - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.50 Custer Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply