If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$17.35
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryResponsible for patient care under direction of physician or licensed healthcare provider. Performing a variety of orthopedic related activities including applying and removing dressings, removing sutures/staples, applying, and removing casts and splints.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assist providers in back office duties including rooming patients, taking vital signs, and patient history, and assisting with minor procedures.
- Apply and remove dressings, removal of sutures/staples, apply and remove casts and splints.
- Supports and assists with patient care activities in collaboration with nurse.
- Perform basic triage per specific office protocol procedures.
- Place x-ray orders based on Provider protocols.
- Maintain work area, exam rooms, supplies, and medications.
- Assists with supply management and ordering.
- Perform associated clerical tasks including scheduling, filing, recalls, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Certifications - Within 60 days of hire, Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Professional Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
Experience - 1+ years Healthcare Experience
Certification - Certified Orthopedic TechnicianMedium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentMHMC-SP Ortho E. Colorado Blvd. Orthopedic Surgery
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply