If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentRCH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryAssist the nursing staff in providing an efficient, effective patient care unit through execution of non-nursing duties in the Operating Room.
- Assist OR personnel by delivering surgical and culture specimens to Laboratory or X-ray as requested, as evidenced by observation.
- Assists OR personnel with room turnovers, including total cleaning of rooms as necessary and upon request, as evidenced by supervisor.
- Effectively and efficiently completes all assigned duties.
- Maintains stock supply of clinical items on a per shift basis, e.g. organizes and maintains substerile room, replenishes warmers and maintains scrub sink areas with needed supplies, as evidenced by observation and no valid complaints.
- Obtains blood products from the Blood Bank, prepares appropriate slips, calls Blood Bank for confirmation, logs appropriate time and temp and initials, returns blood by logging the appropriate information and returns to the Blood Bank in a timely manner, with no complaints to supervisor.
- Prepares beds and transport carts. Ensures oxygen tank is full, linen is clean, and ambu bags or monitors and IV poles are readily available to transport, as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Responds to the needs of the department. Prioritizes and organizes assigned tasks with minimum of supervision.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Housekeeping/Custodian ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply