If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$17.35
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryAssist the nursing staff in providing an efficient, effective patient care unit through execution of non-nursing duties in the Operating Room.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assists OR personnel with room turnovers, including total cleaning of rooms as necessary and upon request.
- Assist OR personnel by delivering surgical and culture specimens to Laboratory or X-ray as requested.
- Obtains blood products from the Blood Bank, prepares appropriate slips, calls Blood Bank for confirmation, logs appropriate time and temp and initials, returns blood by logging the appropriate information and returns to the Blood Bank in a timely manner.
- Prepares beds and transport carts. Ensures oxygen tank is full, linen is clean, and ambu-bags or monitors and IV poles are readily available to transport.
- Assists with patient positioning upon request.
- Assists with obtaining supplies/equipment needed for upcoming cases.
- Upon request attains supplies from the core and returns unused supplies (core runner).
- Returns equipment to storage areas after cases.
- Maintains stock supply of clinical items on a per shift basis, e.g. organizes and maintains sub-sterile room, replenishes warmers and maintains scrub sink areas with needed supplies.
- Responds to the needs of the department. Prioritizes and organizes assigned tasks with minimum of supervision.
- Effectively and efficiently completes all assigned duties per checklist.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Housekeeping/Custodian ExperiencePhysical Requirements: Very Heavy work - exerting over 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or more than 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentMHOSH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
70 Monument Health Orthopedic and Specialty Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply