If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentRCH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryAssist the nursing staff in providing an efficient, effective patient care unit through execution of non-nursing duties in the Operating Room.
- Assists OR personnel with room turnovers, including total cleaning of rooms as necessary and upon request.
- Assist OR personnel by delivering surgical and culture specimens to Laboratory or X-ray as requested.
- Obtains blood products from the Blood Bank, prepares appropriate slips, calls Blood Bank for confirmation, logs appropriate time and temp and initials, returns blood by logging the appropriate information and returns to the Blood Bank in a timely manner.
- Prepares beds and transport carts. Ensures oxygen tank is full, linen is clean, and ambu-bags or monitors and IV poles are readily available to transport.
- Assists with patient positioning upon request.
- Assists with obtaining supplies/equipment needed for upcoming cases.
- Upon request attains supplies from the core and returns unused supplies (core runner).
- Returns equipment to storage areas after cases.
- Maintains stock supply of clinical items on a per shift basis, e.g. organizes and maintains sub-sterile room, replenishes warmers and maintains scrub sink areas with needed supplies.
- Responds to the needs of the department. Prioritizes and organizes assigned tasks with minimum of supervision.
- Effectively and efficiently completes all assigned duties per checklist.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Housekeeping/Custodian ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply