If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Job SummaryThe Nurse Clinician is responsible for providing clinical expertise, consultation, education, research, and leadership to their designated area or specialty focus. Serves as a change agent; accepts and facilitates change. Promotes sustainability of process or practice changes through auditing, coaching and identification of barriers. Works closely with Nurse Manager, Clinical Nurse Leader, Nursing Director, and Nurse Educator to positively impact clinical practice, patient experience, and accountability toward these initiatives.
- Promotes nursing profession and participates in development of others. Integrates legal and ethical standards into practice: complies with regulatory standards, practices within scope of licensure, provides accurate and timely documentation, and understands legal implications of care delivery.
- Provides clinical expertise in the specialty area and is a pathfinder in the identification and development of quality patient care delivery. Utilizes current research to improve nursing practice and to guide the development of standards for nursing care of specialty patients. Assists with policy development and review.
- Serves as a department and/or specialty care area representative on committees or task forces relating to area of expertise as applicable. Serves as a consultant/liaison to Healthcare team members, patients, families and community.
- Performs needs assessment of staff working with specialty patients. Coordinates with Education Consultant to facilitate the development and implementation of education related to this patient population. Acts as a resource, consultant and mentor to staff and Nurse Educator within department or specialty care area. Present training and accountability on new processes to support the education team initiatives. Supports and mentors preceptors in the orientation of new caregivers.
- Monitors outcomes of clinical initiatives and processes. Works closely with nursing leadership to implement data collection and improvement activities supportive of the mission, vision and values of Monument Health.
- Designs and implements data collection tools, metric boards and provides reports for all monitoring and evaluation activities for the department. Conducts clinical quality audits and provides coaching/feedback as needed in a professional manner to caregivers. Conducts time reviews of electronic medical records for standards. Investigations include research, analysis and preparation of written and verbal case summaries with recommendations for further actions. Ability to organize and maintain current investigation information.
- Assists in the coordination of multidisciplinary reviews/rounds with other departments.
- Maintains current knowledge of nursing trends, evidence based practice, and performance improvement. Maintains a global perspective of the changing Healthcare environment, at the unit, hospital, local, and national level.
- Responsibilities include a minimum of 12 clinical hours per week and may include weekend shifts.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of Monument Health.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Clinical Experience; 1+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply