If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a CRNA, you will work in collaboration with physicians, and independently to provide safe, efficient, and effective delivery and management of anesthesia and analgesia services for the surgical and obstetrical patients of Monument Health healing environments. As a CRNA, you will be a resource for neo-natal and adult resuscitation (codes), epidural analgesia for labor and delivery, post-operative pain management, acute or chronic pain management, and intravenous (peripheral or PICC line) catheter placement, as needed throughout the hospital. At Monument Health, our CRNAs integrate education, research, management, leadership and consultation into clinical roles, and function in collegial relationships with nursing peers and other professionals and individuals who influence the health environment.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assesses Anesthesia care to assure its quality and contribution to positive patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates responsibility by responding to other anesthesia needs outside the surgery areas as well as unexpected or increased needs in the surgery area.
- Formulates a patient-specific plan for anesthesia care, and obtains informed consent for the planned anesthetic intervention from the patient or legal guardian.
- Implements and adjusts the anesthesia care plan during the peri-operative period, based on the patient’s physiological response. Monitor the patient’s physiologic condition as appropriate for the type of anesthesia and specific patient needs.
- Performs a thorough and complete pre and post anesthesia assessment with complete, accurate, and timely documentation of pertinent information on the patient’s medical record.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certifications - Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Preferred: Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 1+ years of Related Experience
Education - Masters degree in Health Related Field
Job CategoryNurse Anesthetist
Job FamilyNurse Anesthetist - CRNA
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply