If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$17.35
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryNurse Aides will be trained to work in Home Health and Hospice along with the Inpatient Hospice House.
Begin your healthcare career with Monument Health, no experience necessary! As a Nurse Aide, you will be a valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. A Nurse Aide will improve patient experience and demonstrate what it means to be part of a team and raise the bar for patient care. You will make a difference. Every day!
A Nurse Aide will assist the nursing staff in providing excellent, effective and safe patient care, be responsible for providing patient personal care, bathing, and personal hygiene. You will participate in admission, dismissal also the transfer process and contribute to the permanent documentation of patient data. On the job training and continual support will help build knowledge and skills needed to provide best in class care and demonstrate cohesive teamwork!
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the Nurse Aide contributes valuable input to the patient’s care planning process.
- Provides direct patient care needs to patients with supervised personal/rehabilitative cares as outlined in their individualized care plan to assist with maintaining or improving functional abilities, comfort, independence, and safety.
- Completes documentation accurately and in a timely manner according to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Demonstrates the desire to grow as an employee, team, and facility.
- Positively supports and contributes to departmental development as evidenced by participating in meetings and training.
- Recognizes and reports changes in the patient’s condition and encourages the patient to participate in their own activities of daily living and plan of care as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of related experiencePhysical Requirements: Very Heavy work - exerting over 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or more than 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Job FamilyNursing Support
Department40 Monument Health Home Plus
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply