If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryUnder the general direction of a pharmacist, this position is responsible for the technical operation of the drug distribution at the designated Regional Health hospital and may include clinics or contracted regional hospitals as required from the Rapid City Hospital location. This position prepares non-sterile compounds, packages and appropriately labels medication doses for distribution to patients, and operates automated technology. All duties are performed in accordance with current policies and regulations.
- Create an environment where responsiveness to patient and customer needs is a personal priority. Interact with staff, patients and the public in a courteous and respectful manner using appropriate verbal or written skills.
- Restock unit dose medications, liquids and injectables; accurately fill controlled substances and file paperwork; receive orders, unpack supplies, assure items are bar coded and scannable, and place inventory into the appropriate location when relevant to hospital site.
- Accurately pick medications from appropriate automated technology for replacement into Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADC) or distribution to another campus. Sort and restock/waste returned medications; restock code carts, emergency boxes, and ADCs; deliver medications in a timely manner; answer phones professionally and transfer calls appropriately.
- Act as a positive member of the team. Assist in orienting new personnel; use time wisely; communicate pertinent information; work effectively with pharmacists, technicians and other hospital caregivers; work independently without direct supervision; assist other staff and exhibit an approachable, interactive demeanor.
- Process and accurately dispose of all waste materials, including all levels of hazardous waste. Knowledgeable of appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and necessary action when receiving or manipulating hazardous medications or during hazardous spills.
- Maintain ability to effectively navigate computer software, troubleshoot and report problems to prevent repetitive issues in the future.
- Participate in department committees as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Registration within 30 days of hire- South Dakota Board of Pharmacy
Experience - 1+ years healthcare
Certification - Required within 12 months of hire Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)Physical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply