If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$33.17
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Neuro IR Tech at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Neuro IR Tech, you will promote a cooperative and professional atmosphere with an emphasis on patient care. You will also perform a variety of technical aspects that require judgement, ingenuity, and initiative in applying ionizing radiation to obtain diagnostic images.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Acquires and archives for the procedure. Demonstrates competency in imaging and archiving procedures.
- Has a working knowledge of human Neuro vasculature to competency assist the Neurologist in completing Neuro IR examinations including but not limited to: Nuero embolization, Nuero thrombectomy, Aneurysm coiling and treatment, Carotid angioplasty and stenting Cerebral angiography.
- Before the patient arrives in the room, prepares the procedure tray according to the Physician’s preference, following sterile technique, with no more than five complaints per year.
- Consistently demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient positioning, principles of radiation safety quality control, image post processing, and demonstrates the ability to plan own work.
- Assists physicians in performing procedures. Provides learning environment.
- Demonstrates proficient competence in using the bi-plane unit positioning the equipment and patient in such a way as to present a clear, undistorted view and consistently produces images of high diagnostic quality.
- Documents appropriate information in patient's chart.
- Ensures the procedure and related supplies are billed correctly.
- Ensures all products are not expired prior to use
- Examines requisition for appropriate orders, exam date, indication for exam. Reprints corrected requisition.
- Is able to consistently determine quality diagnostic images. Consistently presents high quality images to the Providers: Radiologists and/or Cardiologists for interpretation.
- Only Operates fluoroscopy during specified exams under the physician’s supervision.
- Competently works within required computer programs (i.e. PACs, RIS, Vrad) as well as manual downtime processes.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. Excellent customer service abilities and effective listening skills
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Graduate - Radiology Program
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Radiologic Technologist (RT) - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); and Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) - Accredited Facility or Institution or
(ARRT)(R)(VI) American Registry of Radiologic Technologists certification with advanced certification in Vascular Interventional Radiology (VI) or Completion of (VI) Registry within 12 months of hire
Experience - at least 2+ years of Neuro IR experience
Education - Associates: Related Field
Certifications - ACLS; NIHS
Job FamilyTechnical Radiology
DepartmentRCH MIS IR
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply