If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$67,308.80
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryA Network Engineer I is primarily responsible for WAN edge connectivity and access layer functionality of the network infrastructure within Monument Health. A Network Engineer I is responsible for needs assessment and implementation of key services including switching, WAN edge routing, wireless and unified communications systems. A Network Engineer I is responsible for troubleshooting the network as first tier support, escalating or resolving issues utilizing various network tools as well as proactively addressing performance issues.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Collaborate with co-workers and other departments to evaluate and recommend network infrastructure required for key services including switching, WAN edge routing, wireless and unified communications systems.
- Assess new or established services including switching, WAN edge routing, wireless and unified communications systems to standardize the network infrastructure across Monument Health.
- Assist in the design and evaluation of new or established key services including switching, WAN edge routing, wireless and unified communications systems.
- Install, configure and validate network infrastructure for key services including switching, WAN edge routing, wireless and unified communications systems.
- Assess and coordinate configuration changes needed in day-to-day operations of key services including switching, WAN edge routing, wireless and unified communications systems.
- Identify deficiencies, recommend and implement fixes as well as identify software and hardware improvements in key services including switching, WAN edge routing, wireless and unified communications systems.
- Provide support to the organization, division, and peers as a critical function of all IT professionals. Support includes day-to-day peer level support, emergent after-hours support, and any support required to maintain highly reliable IT systems.
- Document processes and activities appropriately to maintain highly reliable IT systems. Provide required elements to Call Tracking, Project Management, Change Management, and Disaster Recovery Services Guides to achieve this goal.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management of Information Systems, or Related Field
Certifications - Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Work Experience - 1+ years of Computer Networking ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Job FamilyNetwork Administration
DepartmentCS IT Technical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply