If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyMental Health
DepartmentRCH Behavioral Health
Scheduled Weekly Hours32
Job SummaryCoordinates, plans, and implements the day-to-day operations of the Admission Assessment team functions, ensuring prospective services, linking recipients to appropriate resources or care providers.
- Assists in discharge plan development, giving support to discharge planner as needed.
- Completes hospital-wide mandatory inservices as well as age-specific unit education requirements (pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics).
- Completes social assessment within predetermined guidelines. Recommendations are integrated into the treatment plan.
- Conducts and coordinates mental health assessments, consults for at-risk patients, and/or screenings in the Emergency Department, nursing towers, or Behavioral Health Center to make appropriate referral recommendations to inpatient and outpatient providers consistent with the needs of the patient.
- Conducts appropriate assessment, utilizing pertinent data, develops an initial treatment plan, communicating this to the charge nurse and assigned staff member upon admission to the appropriate floor.
- Coordinates Clinical Assessment and Clinical Milieu Program. Coordinates the care of all patients and families entering the Behavioral Health Center in an efficient yet thorough manner - while maintaining dignity and respect for all parties. Conducts follow-up contacts after patient’s discharge.
- Coordinates admissions to the Behavioral Health Center through the Emergency Department, nursing towers, and physicians.
- Coordinates and completes the admission process for patients entering the Center for Behavioral Health through admission scheduling, data collection and assessment completion.
- Coordinates the appropriate level of care with the admitting or on-call physician - communicating to the charge nurse the patient status.
- Develops and maintains positive partnerships with providers of mental health and social services in the community as appropriate to the needs and requirements of the patient on an ongoing basis.
- Works within the milieu to conduct group, individual, and family therapy, documenting services and making recommendations to charge nurse and physician.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certifications - Licensed Social Worker (LSW) - South Dakota Department of Social Services; OR Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) - South Dakota Department of Social Services
Education - Masters degree in Behavioral Sciences
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply