If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$30.54
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryPerforms MRI examinations utilizing a variety of technical aspects that require judgement, ingenuity, and initiative in applying imaging parameters to obtain diagnostic images. Promotes a cooperative and professional atmosphere with emphasis on patient care, while keeping magnet integrity in mind. Serves patients of all ages.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Ensures no ferrous metal objects are taken into the scan room.
- Properly positions coil and patient to obtain the best image quality. Handles coils with care. Pads placed where necessary for patient comfort. Routes all IV lines and monitoring cables safely in and out of the magnet bore.
- Selects scanning parameters based on established protocol and on information obtained from patient history, chart, requisition, and previous exams.
- Prepares and administers correct amount of contrast, using aseptic techniques as outlined in the Infection Control manual. Able to start and maintain IV lines. Documents appropriately in patients chart.
- Ensures the procedure and related supplies are billed correctly.
- Reports malfunctions to service representative by logging a service call and notifies charge technologist and/ or supervisor.
- Develops and maintains teamwork. Demonstrates willingness to learn new procedures and accepts additional responsibilities. Is on time and prepared to work scheduled hours.
- Competently works within required computer programs (i.e. PACs, RIS, Vrad) as well as manual downtime processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Graduate - Radiology Program
Certification - **Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); (ARRT)(R)(MR) American Registry of Radiologic Technologists certification with advanced certification in MRI or Completion of MRI Registry within 12 months of hire
Education - Associates: Related Field
Experience - 1+ years of Radiographer Experience
**Policy Number: MIS-7040-115 - Caregivers must be BLS certified upon employment or within their 90-day probation period.Physical Requirements: Heavy work - exerting up to 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or up to 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or up to 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and or up to 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Job FamilyTechnical Radiology
DepartmentRCH MIS MRI
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply