If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$30.19
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Minimum Data Set Coordinator assures that the federally mandated MDS/RAI process is completed accurately and timely for the state of South Dakota. This position plays a critical role in maximizing the highest potential reimbursement for the financial viability of the facility, development of the total plan of care for each resident and the survey process, and ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assesses prospective residents in conjunction with other team members.
- Assist with Development of Restorative Nursing programs. Monitor implementation, carry through into RA flow sheets and care plans. Track programs and document evaluation of program at least on a quarterly basis.
- Complete interdisciplinary chemical review sheets for all patients on psychotropic drugs to evaluate for side effects, possible dose reductions. Communicate with team and to physician if needed.
- Completes accumulative diagnosis( ICD 9 codes) listing upon admission and updates diagnosis quarterly. Monitor for appropriate diagnoses with medication. Input changes as needed.
- Completes all nursing related RAP assessments and provide documentation for follow through to care plan.
- Identify Patients requiring scheduled toileting programs/bladder retraining. Implement and ensure documentation of evaluation to program.
- Inputs MDS assessments into the Accucare computer system, transmits to State/CMS, and obtains receipt of validation.
- Inputs and updates documentation for monthly ADL flow sheets.
- Manages the care plan process. Assures timeliness of care plan meetings. Oversees gathering of information for assessments and care plans. Updates care plans as needed following care plan meetings.
- Medicare Utilization/ tracking: Track Part A’s patients, days of service, days remaining, RUG scores, selective assessment dates, and 30 day window. Collaborate with therapy department.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - Resident Assessment Coordinator-Certified (RAC-CT) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyLong Term Care
DepartmentMHSC-ST Long Term Care-Skilled Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply