If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$17.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Medication Aide at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate resident focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Medication Aide, you will assist the nursing staff in providing excellent, effective, and safe resident care, be responsible for supervised tasks related to administering medications, providing personal care, and activities for residents. You will help promote the health and comfort to meet their individualized plan of care. On the job training and continual support will help build knowledge and skills needed to provide best in class care and demonstrate cohesive teamwork!
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assists and supervises residents with administration of medications per Physician Orders and follows proper protocols for administering medication.
- Assists residents with personal cares in accordance with the resident plan of care and as delegated by the RN/LPN/RCM/DRS. Including, bathing, oral cares, feeding, toileting and repositioning/transferring as well as other duties as needed.
- Collects specimens, vital signs, assesses level of functioning, and reports/documents accordingly, as well as reporting to the nurse in charge in a timely fashion Records the administration of medications in the MAR.
- Performs a variety of cleaning duties to ensure a set standard of cleanliness in the facility, as evidenced by good appearance of area upon check ups, positive feedback from staff using the areas cleaned, and minimal negative feedback.
- Prepares and serves food according to daily needs with minimal waste.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Certified Medication Aide (CMA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing.
Work Experience - 1+ years of Related Experience
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General StudiesPhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentMHSC-CU Assisted Living
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 50 Monument Health Custer Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply