If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentMHSC-CU Assisted Living
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryThe Medication Assistant performs supervised tasks related to the administration of medications, delivery of health and personal cares and activities for the residents that reside at the facility. This promotes health, comfort, and maintenance of their functional ability and works towards meeting the resident specific goals outlined in their individualized plan of care.
- Assists and supervises residents with administration of medications per Physician Orders and follows proper protocols for administering medication.
- Assists residents with personal cares in accordance with the resident plan of care and as delegated by the RN/LPN/RCM/DRS. Including, bathing, oral cares, feeding, toileting and repositioning/transferring as well as other duties as needed.
- Collects specimens, vital signs, assesses level of functioning, and reports/documents accordingly, as well as reporting to the nurse in charge in a timely fashion Records the administration of medications in the MAR.
- Performs a variety of cleaning duties to ensure a set standard of cleanliness in the facility, as evidenced by good appearance of area upon check ups, positive feedback from staff using the areas cleaned, and minimal negative feedback.
- Prepares and serves food according to daily needs with minimal waste.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Certified Medication Aide (CMA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing.
Work Experience - 1+ years of Related Experience
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General StudiesPhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.50 Custer Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply