If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryCollects, prepares and performs a variety of laboratory tests, from routine to complex, which require independent judgment. Assists with department procedures, including quality assurance, proficiency testing, calibrations, and completes related laboratory duties. Identifies technical, instrumental, and physiologic causes of unexpected results and communicates with providers the necessary information to resolve inconsistencies. Troubleshoots analyzer and procedural problems and works towards resolution. Supervises trainees and other support personnel as directed by the supervisor. Demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction, professionalism, and safety.
- Collects and prepares biological specimens for analyses using appropriate techniques and maintains the integrity of the specimen in relation to the test being performed.
- Determines acceptability of specimens within established guidelines, avoiding hemolysis, QNS, and wrong anticoagulant use.
- Ensures equipment is functioning properly by performing or delegating performance of function checks, preventative maintenance and quality control. Documents actions.
- Performs test analysis and reports test results in a timely manner meeting the expectations of physicians.
- Assures initial calibration and standardization, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting for malfunction on instruments used in POC testing.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of functions and programs of the Laboratory relative to accreditation standards and recommends procedural changes.
- Implements and monitors a Quality Assurance program to ensure the reliability of all technical services offered to meet internal and external regulations.
- Maintains competency and enhances professional growth and development through education, conferences and seminars.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to instruct other staff and students.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in chemical, physical, or biologic Sciences or Clinical Laboratory Science or Associates with Medical Technologists (HEW)
Certification - Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Certification - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)/American Medical Technology (AMT) or Health and Human Services (HEW)
Experience - 1+ years of Laboratory Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.64 Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply