If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryQuality Risk Management and Compliance
Job FamilyQuality Review
DepartmentCS Quality Safety-Risk Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Medical Staff Services Quality Review Coordinator facilitates the Medical Staff Quality Review Committee's quality and peer review process by identifying and coordinating medical chart review in relation to the Medical Staffs' quality indicators. Conducts medical chart review and assignment to committee members. Performs data compilation, trending, analysis, proctorship, FPPE, OPPE, and quality initiative coordination. Provides risk management review, screens complaints, and acts as a department expert in privileging and new procedures.
- Researches and provides input for the development and assessment of privileging criteria and competencies.
- Analyzes FPPE and OPPE data and coordinates the development and implementation of action plans as needed for those areas not meeting the predetermined benchmark.
- Identifies and tracks high risk, high volume, and problem prone operative and invasive procedures and facilitates appropriate review and follow up in collaboration with the Medical Staff leadership.
- Manages the proctorship process for new providers.
- Facilitates/conducts a thorough and objective review of cases as indicated according medical Staff Quality Indicators, standard of care guidelines and regulatory requirements (CMS, TJC, etc).
- Completes a thorough investigation of risk occurrences and complaints and reports them to the department and Medical Staff leadership.
- Performs data compilation/analysis to evaluate quality of care/performance achieved in relation to performance indicators. Identifies trends and patterns and recommends opportunities for improvement and communicates performance and outcomes information to appropriate departments.
- Performs ongoing assessment and monitoring of selected cases that fall under the indicator criteria and facilitates the coordination of physician peer review to support quality care while maximizing Healthcare resources.
- Attends committee and departmental meetings as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Audit/Compliance Experience; 1+ years of Quality Assurance/Improvement Experience; 3+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.15 Corporate Services Division
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply