If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentCCI Radiation Therapy
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryMonument Health Cancer Care Institute has an exciting opportunity for a full time, highly motivated medical physicist to join a team of 2 physicists, 2 dosimetrists, and 9 therapists in Rapid City, South Dakota. The medical center has 1 tomotherapy, 1 Elekta Infinity linear accelerator, and a very active and growing brachytherapy program, offering Tandem/Ovoid, Tandem/Ring, Cylinder, interstitial, and breast brachytherapy, as well as prostate seed implants.
The department currently has a Philips large-bore CT simulator and Pinnacle external beam planning. Both are slated to be upgraded within the year. Brachytherapy planning is done using Ocentra and VariSeed. Accreditation is also planned in 2021.
Monument Health has 3 radiation oncologists and serves a large area, including western South Dakota, eastern Wyoming, and northwest Nebraska.
Rapid City lies in the picturesque Black Hills of South Dakota near Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and 3 National Parks. There are many recreational activities including hiking, biking, skiing, and snowmobiling. The George S. Mickelson trail stretches 109 miles through the Black Hills. Nearby Deadwood and Sturgis offer additional cultural activities.
Looking for experience with
• Elekta linear accelerators
• SRS, and SBRT
• Oncentra and microSelectron HDR
- Performs machine quality assurance on all treatment and imaging devices in the department.
- Evaluates therapy plans for safe and effective treatments.
- Performs patient-specific quality assurance before treatment start.
- Advises chief physicist, physicians, radiation therapists, and dosimetrists of equipment problems
- Researches new treatment and imaging equipment, develops, and implements them.
- Participates in scheduled technical meetings to address equipment, planning, and project work.
- Consults with equipment vendors, and trouble-shoots clinical problems to ensure timely treatments.
- Assists chief physicist to develop policies and procedures for accreditation.
- Performs daily and annual quality assurance on a high dose rate remote afterloader.
- Plans and participates in breast, gynecological and prostate brachytherapy treatments.
- Attends national medical physics meetings to brainstorm new clinical procedures and equipment.
- Instructs radiation therapy staff in radiation safety.
- Ensures compliance of radiation therapy activities with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Master's degree or Ph.D. degree in Medical Physics or related field
Experience - ABR certification or finished residency program
Experience - ABR certification or accredited residency program graduation; Strong experience on HDR and LDR;
Education - Ph.D. degree in medical physics or related fieldPhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply