If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$20.93
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryOrganizes and supervises workload. Performs specialized testing. Organizes, helps develop, and helps implement quality assurance program. Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships. Assists with employee performance and competency assessment. Provides instruction and training for staff/students. Helps implement, maintain, and monitor adherence to safety and infection control practices. Provides cost effective, high quality service. Helps oversee proficiency testing within department. Demonstrates and promotes a commitment to customer satisfaction and professionalism. In the absence of the Lab Director, performs administrative duties. Under CLIA guidelines, this position is classified as the General Supervisor.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assists in evaluating employee performance either by competency assessment practices, by consultation with other employees in section, and/or by direct observation of performance in clinical activities.
- Assists in evaluating, selecting, and validating new equipment and new methodologies; implements changes in response to technology and laboratory procedures.
- Assists in organizing, implementing, and maintaining a quality assurance program.
- Interprets test results by correlating patient data with clinical history and diagnosis. Differentiates technical, instrumental, and/or physiological causes for unexpected results.
- Operates laboratory instruments utilizing established protocols. Performs routine calibration or standardization of instruments, performs preventive maintenance or corrective maintenance, and recognizes instrument malfunction maintaining availability of testing capabilities.
- Technician is reliable, adheres to the work schedule/call, and responds to call appropriately and timely. He/she shows a willingness to be flexible with the schedule when necessary. In addition to the responsibilities described above, the role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned on occasion, based upon the facility/department needs or requirements.
- Verifies the accuracy and reliability of test results by performing quality control according to policy, demonstrates competence of self and testing methods.
- Acts as mentor for members of the section by delegating appropriate duties, training to function in supervisor’s absence, and by actively encouraging their professional growth.
- Adheres to the highest laboratory standards in order to consistently provide quality clinical laboratory testing to all customers by performing various analyses of biological specimens in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Assists the Laboratory Manager in technical aspects of goals, objectives, tactics, and long-range planning of the Laboratory.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates in Medical Laboratory Technology or Associates in a chemical, physical, or biological science. Or high school graduate or equivalent and have successfully completed an official military medical laboratory procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration and have held the military enlisted occupation specialty of medical laboratory specialist (laboratory technician).
Certifications - Medical Lab Technician (MLT) - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), or American Medical Technology (AMT), or Military Laboratory Specialist
Experience - 1+ years of Laboratory Experience; 1+ years of Staff Technologist ExperiencePhysical Requirements: Medium work - exerting up to 10 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently (34-66% of the time), and or up to 50 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or up to 50 pounds seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
50 Monument Health Custer Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply