If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryCollects, prepares and performs a variety of routine laboratory tests, from waived to high complexity. Assists with department procedures, including quality assurance, proficiency testing, calibrations, and completes related laboratory duties. Assists with supervision of trainees and other support personnel as directed by the supervisor. Demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction, professionalism, and safety. Performs laboratory testing and reporting in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner under the philosophy, policies, and procedures established by the facility and the department.
- Collects and prepares biological specimens for analyses using appropriate techniques and maintains the integrity of the specimen in relation to the test being performed.
- Determines acceptability of specimens within established guidelines, avoiding hemolysis, QNS, and wrong anticoagulant use.
- Performs all applicable testing with quality, speed, and accuracy according to established protocols and procedures. Evaluates specimen integrity and ascertains suitability for testing.
- Performs test analysis and reports test results in a timely manner meeting the expectations of physicians.
- Ensures prompt reporting of patient results for assigned department. Investigates problems involving collection, result reporting, and turn-around-time.
- Organizes department workload for maximum efficiency.
- Evaluates and interprets test results according to individual test specifications, performing necessary calculations; applies laboratory results to disease and/or patient therapy.
- Ensures initial calibration and standardization of equipment by applying criteria of acceptable functions and performance limits (i.e., precision, reproducibility, accuracy).
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously, identifying self and section. Demonstrates good judgment in directing phone calls/questions to appropriate section.
- Ensures smooth transition of duties within current shift and for oncoming shift by receiving pertinent information and conveying to other Healthcare personnel accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to instruct other staff and students.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or Associates degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science. Or high school graduate or equivalent and have successfully completed an official military medical laboratory procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration and have held the military enlisted occupation specialty of medical laboratory specialist (laboratory technician)
Certification - Medical Lab Technician - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technology (AMT), or Military Laboratory Specialist
Experience - 1+ years of Laboratory Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply