If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$20.93
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day at Monument Health. As a Medical Laboratory Technician at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Medical Laboratory Technician, your focus will be to collect, prepare, and perform a variety of routine laboratory tests, with varying complexity. You will assist in department procedures, including quality assurance, proficiency testing, calibrations, and complete related laboratory duties and supervise new caregivers in the department. Each day you will be demonstrating a commitment to customer satisfaction, professionalism, and safety.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Collects and prepares biological specimens for analyses using appropriate techniques and maintains the integrity of the specimen in relation to the test being performed.
- Determines acceptability of specimens within established guidelines, avoiding hemolysis, QNS, and wrong anticoagulant use.
- Performs all applicable testing with quality, speed, and accuracy according to established protocols and procedures. Evaluates specimen integrity and ascertains suitability for testing.
- Performs test analysis and reports test results in a timely manner meeting the expectations of physicians.
- Ensures prompt reporting of patient results for assigned department. Investigates problems involving collection, result reporting, and turn-around-time.
- Organizes department workload for maximum efficiency.
- Evaluates and interprets test results according to individual test specifications, performing necessary calculations; applies laboratory results to disease and/or patient therapy.
- Ensures initial calibration and standardization of equipment by applying criteria of acceptable functions and performance limits (i.e., precision, reproducibility, accuracy).
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously, identifying self and section. Demonstrates good judgment in directing phone calls/questions to appropriate section.
- Ensures smooth transition of duties within current shift and for oncoming shift by receiving pertinent information and conveying to other Healthcare personnel accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to instruct other staff and students.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or Associates degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science. Or high school graduate or equivalent and have successfully completed an official military medical laboratory procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration and have held the military enlisted occupation specialty of medical laboratory specialist (laboratory technician)
Certification - Medical Lab Technician (MLT) - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technology (AMT), or Military Laboratory Specialist
Physical Requirements: Medium work - exerting up to 10 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently (34-66% of the time), and or up to 50 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or up to 50 pounds seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Experience - 1+ years of Laboratory Experience
DepartmentMHMC Family Medicine Residency
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply