If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Medical Laboratory Scientist at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Medical Laboratory Scientist, you will independently work to collect, prepare, and perform a variety of laboratory tests, from routine to complex. You will assist in department procedures, including quality assurance, proficiency testing, calibrations, and complete related laboratory duties and supervise new caregivers in the department. You will have an active role in the care team of a patient by communicating identified technical, instrumental, and physiologic causes of unexpected results with providers as necessary to resolve inconsistencies. Each day you will be demonstrating a commitment to customer satisfaction, professionalism, and safety.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Collects and prepares biological specimens for analyses using appropriate techniques and maintains the integrity of the specimen in relation to the test being performed.
- Determines acceptability of specimens within established guidelines, avoiding hemolysis, QNS, and wrong anticoagulant use.
- Ensures equipment is functioning properly by performing or delegating performance of function checks, preventative maintenance and quality control. Documents actions.
- Performs test analysis and reports test results in a timely manner meeting the expectations of physicians.
- Assures initial calibration and standardization, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting for malfunction on instruments used in POC testing.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of functions and programs of the Laboratory relative to accreditation standards and recommends procedural changes.
- Implements and monitors a Quality Assurance program to ensure the reliability of all technical services offered to meet internal and external regulations.
- Maintains competency and enhances professional growth and development through education, conferences and seminars.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to instruct other staff and students.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in chemical, physical, or biologic Sciences or Clinical Laboratory Science or Associates with Medical Technologists (HEW)
Certification - Within one year of hire date, Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Certification - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)/American Medical Technology (AMT) or Health and Human Services (HEW)
Experience - 1+ years of Laboratory Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless there is an approved exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the vaccine prior to starting employment, with a second dose scheduled, or submit proof of previous vaccination.Apply