If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentRCH Radiology Support
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Medical Imaging Coordinator will oversee all aspects of the Follow Up Manager program and be our main interface with provider offices. Additionally, the role has front-office, patient-facing responsibilities (scheduling, registration, etc.) and high-level administrative support by preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, ordering supplies, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Promotes department goals and objectives in accordance with established policies.
- Utilizes the Follow up Manager Software to identify and track patients who have not received the recommended imaging follow up exams.
- Obtain orders from the patient’s provider for the recommended follow up exam and schedule patient.
- Act as a resource to providers and schedulers when earlier appointments are needed by a provider. Work with modality teams to find appointments that meet provider and patient needs whenever possible.
- Maximize scheduling efficiency to reduce backlogs, meet the needs of patients and providers, maximize revenue capture, and minimize staff and equipment downtime.
- Call patients who cancelled or did not arrive (no show) to determine reason and offer to reschedule. If barriers exist for patient, forward to management. Document no show and short notice cancellations (within 24 hours of appointment).
- Make reminder calls to patients for high revenue and high expense appointments. Examples are Multiple procedure MRI (high revenue), Nuclear Medicine procedures with high cost radiopharmaceuticals.
- Promote strong professional relations with patient referral resources.
- Perform and assist with all front-office and administrative requests.
- Track and trend areas with excessive appointment scheduling delays and report to appropriate MIS leader.
- Office supplies inventory control and replenishment requests.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 5+ years medical imaging or related healthcare field experience; 3+ years medical terminology experience
Experience - 1+ years of medical patient accounts experience
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply