If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentMHMC-RC Flormann St. Nephrology
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Medical Assistant works collaboratively to provide direct and indirect patient care in the ambulatory setting. The Medical Assistant participates as a member of the health care team and performs assigned tasks in accordance with the policies and procedure of Monument Health to meet the needs of the patient. The Medical Assistant carries out designated activities/functions that are within the scope of their education and for which they have received appropriate training and supervision.
- Properly prepares the examination and treatment areas per clinic standards.
- Completes patient rooming procedures to include vital signs, data collection and other identified components specific to the clinic setting and without outlined Scope of Responsibilities.
- Accurately administers and documents unit dose medications/ immunizations in accordance with clinic policy following successful training/competency.
- Performs EKG's and laboratory testing per CLIA license of the clinic following successful training/competency.
- Ensures documentation in the patient record is accurate, clear, concise within outlined Scope of Responsibilities. May function as provider scribe following successful training.
- Completes all assigned clerical activities and supply maintenance/ordering as directed.
- Assists with scheduling follow up care/appointments as ordered/directed.
- Distributes pre-printed/pre-approved patient education materials. Directs all patient questions to provider or RN.
- Functions within the documented Monument Health Scope of Responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Registration - **Medical Assistant-Certified (MA) - Accredited University or accredited training facility; Within 60 days of hire, Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Professional Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
**Any Medical Assistant hired and employed with MH before July 1, 2021 has until Jan 1, 2022 to be certified as a Medical Assistant. Any Medical Assistant hired and starting employment after July 1, 2021 must be certified upon hire.
Experience - 1+ years of Clinical Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply