If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$17.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryDevelops, implements, and monitors inventory management for Monument Health departments. Assists the management team with the fiscal budget. Develops and implements systems for cost containment. Educates staff on contract changes and material processes. Provides Supply Chain oversight and coordination of daily tasks at the responsible facility.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Participates with Inventory VAC and other VAC committees as appropriate in the various markets/facilities.
- Responsible for managing the inventory process in the respective storerooms. Educates staff on contract changes and material processes. Provides Supply Chain oversight and coordination of daily tasks at the responsible facility.
- In PAR and department inventories, monitors supply utilization and makes recommendation of products change and/or inventory to the appropriate supervisor.
- Takes part in updating sub/department inventories as necessary by adding and/or deleting of stock items for responsible area. Performs the task of changing par-levels per department requests.
- Assists facility departments with non-stock questions. Responsible for follow-up on nonstock supplies in procedural areas.
- Champions Supply Chain departments with consignment and implantable supplies.
- Oversees contract conversions and new product introduction in the facility by communicating with staff to achieve appropriate product knowledge.
- Maintains and coordinates for cycle counting in perpetual inventories to ensure accuracy of inventory counts. Monitors accounts for inventory adjustments on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for preparation and coordination of the annual inventory process, for assigned areas.
- Maintains and monitors Returned Goods Authorizations ensuring that credits are received according to established guidelines.
- Initiates and coordinates repairs, product returns, and product recall as required in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for assisting and training of new caregivers and those caregivers looking to increase their Supply Chain knowledge base.
- Assists with vendor management within their assigned areas.
- Responsible for cost saving initiatives and performance improvement with goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
In the Hills Market:
- Responsible for all Supply Chain activities centered on inventory receipts from DC1 and suppliers, including following and maintaining the systematic approach for all deliveries to the end user.
- Responsible for the shipping of freight.
- Responsible to attend Leadership and Facility meetings as appropriate.
- Oversees and is responsible for the accurate receiving of supplies and equipment. Generates and reviews special reports (especially the Open PO report) on a weekly basis.
In Distribution Center:
- Responsible for substitute and conversion item placement into the Distribution Center. Coordinates communication to the respective departments and Supply Chain teams.
- Maintains records for supply item usage. Provides recommendations for exact placement of products into the Distribution Center.
- Oversees all returns coming into the Distribution Center- resolves discrepancies and assists with retraining of caregivers on the return process as needed.
- Monitors new items placed in Distribution Center to ensure usage is as anticipated and communicates any discrepancies to the Supply Chain teams.
- Responsible for utilizing usage reporting to determine items that are not moving at the Distribution Center and communicating those items and potential action plan to Supply Chain teams.
- Coordinates daily with Procurement on out of stock items at the Distribution Center and facilitates communication on expected delivery dates and sub replacement items with Supply Chain end users.
- Reviews inventory related reports daily and works directly with the Procurement caregiver assigned to Inventory for resolution.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Work Experience - 1+ years of Inventory Management Experience
Education - Associates Degree in Business or Related Field
Work Experience - 3+ years in Healthcare Materials Management ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Moderate activity; sits 50% of the day, types, answers the telephone, moderate lifting, walking, stooping, squatting, bending, reaching, standing, talking, and hearing. ● Lifts 1–50 pounds. ●Standing - Frequent ●Sitting - Frequent ●Walking - Frequent ●Talking - Constant ●Driving ●Balancing/Climbing - Occasional ●Stooping/Kneeling - Frequent ●Crouching/Crawling - Frequent ●Reaching - Frequent ●Hearing - Constant
Job CategorySupport Services
Job FamilyMaterials Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply