If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilySurgical Services
DepartmentMHOSH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryAssist with the planning, organization, and day-to-day operation of the patient care unit to meet the goals of Monument Health as well as meet the requirements of the Joint Commission, and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies. Promote divisional and departmental goals and objectives in accordance with established policies. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirement relative to his/her age-specific needs. Requires the ability to multi-task, enforce accountability and promote professionalism among the staff that report to them.
- Actively participates in the Laboratory Compliance Committee.
- Assists the Department Director/Manager in the effective fiscal management of the department.
- Assists with quality improvements and maintenance of departmental/patient/visitor/physician and employee safety. Assures that quality control requirements are met per hospital and departmental policies. Monitors and observes accuracy of Pyxis reports, blood glucose system monitoring, refrigerator and blanket warmer temperatures, and crash cart checks and any other pertinent monitoring specific to the department.
- Assists with the leadership of the department by effectively managing and supervising personnel, promoting a positive, professional attitude and ensuring a high quality of care.
- Coordinates and presents hospital-wide education programs as needed. Contributes to the institutional community benefit program by volunteering in community activities.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide leadership in the management, organization and performance of specialized patient care. Teaches staff on a formal and informal basis regarding specific issues of the specific patient population. Shares clinical expertise with staff and demonstrates a commitment to staff development. Participates in the process of interviewing and selection of personnel. Assists with performance appraisals according to personnel policies. Assures that staff completes unit specific and nursing core competencies in a timely manner. Routinely spends individual time with staff on the nursing units doing staff education. Presents clinical updates at staff meeting throughout the year.
- Assists the director as delegated, in the 24 hour accountability for management of the department.
- Develops, implements, and re-evaluates unit specific orientation programs.
- Ensures established staffing patterns are met and competency standards are maintained. Reports problems related to staffing and operations to the Department Manager and assists in the resolution of the identified problems.
- Participates in preparation of budget as required.
- Reviews and updates staffing schedule according to personnel, divisional, and departmental guidelines as evidenced by schedule and feedback.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 3+ years of Supervisor Experience; 5+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Certification - Certified Nurse Manager and Leader (CNML) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.6211120 AOH - Surgical Services: 3+ years as an operating room registered nurse preferred70 Monument Health Orthopedic and Specialty Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply