If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummaryThe Manager Nurse is a nurse leader with 24-hour accountability and responsibility for a direct care unit(s) who provide the vital link between the administrative strategic plan and the point of care. The Manager Nurse is responsible for creating safe, healthy environments that support the work of the health care team and contribute to patient engagement. The role is influential in creating a professional environment and fostering a culture where interdisciplinary team members can contribute to optimal patient outcomes and grow professionally.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
The Science - Managing the Business
- Maximize care efficiency and throughput.
- Create, monitor, and or analyze budget in collaboration with the Director of Nursing Unit
Human Resource Management
- Evaluate staffing patterns/needs and facilitate methods to match staff competency with patient acuity.
- Manage human resources within the scope of labor laws.
- Apply recruitment techniques and select and hire candidates who reflect Monument Health values.
- Ensure all caregivers are practicing within scope of practice.
- Evaluate, share, and respond to outcome measurements of identified key performance indicators.
- Assess all customer experiences and develop strategies to address concerns in a constructive manner.
- Monitor, participate, promote, and manage patient, caregiver, and environmental safety.
- Maintain survey and regulatory readiness.
- Participate and promote intra/interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Understand the effects of IT on patient care and delivery systems.
- Use information to reduce workload and support business decisions into patient care processes.
- Implement change/project management strategies.
- Assists with the development of contingency plans for disasters or emergencies; executes plans as needed.
- Demonstrates written and oral presentation skills.
- Manage meetings that engage the participants, drive action and provide needed follow up.
- Demonstrate effective negotiation skills.
- Influence the practice of nursing through participation in professional organizations.
- Facilitate shared decision making and involvement in shared governance.
- Support Just Culture and apply the tenens appropriately.
- Support a culture of innovation.
Appropriate Clinical Practice Knowledge
- Assist with, oversee, and evaluate caregiver orientation
- Maintain understanding of general clinical knowledge and skills of the caregivers supported.
The Art - Leading the People
Promote use of professional specialty standards and best practice recommendations to ensure care is evidenced based.
Human Resource Leadership Skills
- Performance Management to include conduct staff evaluations, assist with goal-setting, and continual performance development.
- Facilitate the process for caregiver fitness for duty by supporting physical, and emotional wellbeing and ability to perform job functions.
- Performance conversations according to corrective action process up to and including termination.
- Uphold Monument Health Standards of Performance.
- Facilitate staff development through appropriate staff education, needs assessment, competency validation, and professional development.
- Facilitate leadership growth and succession planning.
- Develop and implement strategies to promote staff satisfaction, retention, reward, and recognition.
Relationship Management and Influencing Behaviors
- Manage conflict through identification of immediate issues and crisis management.
- Promote positive relationships and development of a team culture through mentoring and coaching of caregivers.
- Display professional behavior serving as a role model and change agent.
- Foster a healthy work environment by assisting others in developing problem-solving skills, stress management techniques, principles of self-awareness, and utilization of leadership theory and evidence-based practice.
- Promote professional development of self and others.
- Understand and promote the components of cultural competence as they apply to the workforce.
- Maintain an environment of just culture.
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Management Experience; 1+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Certifications - Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
DepartmentMHHVI Clinic Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply