If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummaryThe Nurse Manager is responsible and accountable to ensure that department functions facilitate patient transitions of care and appropriate reimbursement. The Manager assists with planning, organization, and manages the day-to-day operation of all nursing units in order to meet the goals of Monument Health as well as meet federal, state, and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies. He/she must pursue higher levels of organizational and human performance to include quality, productivity, and time performance concerns. He/she must ensure employees’ well-being and develop employees’ talents to adopt ideas, new processes, new technology, and new products so as to ensure successful innovation. He/she ensures the delivery of services continues to respond to the needs of the patients, physicians, and community while contributing to the financial stability of the facility. Supervises and evaluates the daily activities of the department as well as scheduling nursing caregivers, completing performance appraisals, interviewing/hiring, disciplinary action, and terminating. Will serve as a staff RN and will be responsible for assisting on the nursing unit when needed.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates and executes effective leadership and management skills and ensures service excellence to all. Leads and manages department with a focus on the Monument Health pillars.
- Understands system and business practice concepts and work approaches used to systematically pursue ever-higher levels of performance. Understands or demonstrates understanding of strategic planning, research, and development and analysis processes that do not normally imply formal sequences of steps. Further understands or demonstrates understanding that high-performance work approaches are necessary to align the organization's efforts, as evidenced by improved customer relations' focus, quality initiatives, financial performance, and operational performance.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of core business structures, systems, practices, trends, and technologies within our current industry and of those in which we choose to compete in the future.
- Ensures new ideas are adopted and implemented to continually support the Healthcare mission while successfully accomplishing those goals the organization must attain for its strategy to succeed. Ensures employees share knowledge, understand decisions and the reasons why decisions are made and implemented.
- Creates an environment in which people feel valued, respected, and energized to explore new methods of doing business, generating revenue, and taking calculated risks. Develops employees based on linkage to business requirements and ensures employees are competent to manage change.
- Motivates staff in a positive manner toward a higher level of performance. Develops subordinates by direct teaching, coaching, guidance, and by recognizing needs for staff development. Ensures cross training is completed for staff and that development of staff is done via modality training and education. Displays strong customer orientation in daily operations. Cultivates relationships with medical staff to work cooperatively toward common goals. Displays professionalism and positive interpersonal skills when dealing with medical staff, patients, visitors, staff, and community.
- Investigates/resolves complaints of subordinates, patients, visitors, ancillary departments, and medical staff through direct action or referral to appropriate individuals. Facilitates physician and nurse interaction.
- Assists with quality improvements and maintenance of department/patient/visitor/provider and caregiver safety. Assures that quality control requirements are met per clinic/hospital and departmental policies.
- Responsible for the hiring and development of caregivers. Provides or appropriately delegates orientation per the agency policy. Ensure appropriate staffing assignments to provide safe and efficient patient care.
- Evaluates and adjusts staffing requirements to maintain identified standards and to promote safe patient care as evidenced by observation and feedback. Participates in the provision of appropriate scheduling activities utilizing age specific growth and development guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Management Experience; 1+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Certifications - Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
DepartmentRCH Emergency Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply