If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummaryThe Manager of Nursing - Clinical is a leadership position in nursing which requires enhanced or expert clinical skills related to a cohort of patients. The position is accountable for patient safety and the quality of care delivered to the cohort of patients. In his/her day-to-day practice, the Manager of Nursing - Clinical develops an overall view of patients and families and establishes strong partnerships with them to deliver optimal care. The role works in collaboration with medical staff, other professionals, and caregivers to ensure appropriate, timely care. This position has 24/7 accountability for the care provided by caregivers.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Integrates nursing and related sciences into the delivery of nursing practice to diverse populations.
- Facilitates an environment that promotes a culture of safety, embraces innovation, and delivers care using Patient and Family Centered Care principles.
- Applies leadership skills and decision making in the provision of culturally responsive, high quality nursing care, Healthcare team coordination, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery and outcomes.
- Utilizes quality processes and improvement science to evaluate care and ensure patient safety. Assumes a leadership role in effectively implementing patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the interprofessional team using effective communication skills.
- Promote a professional environment that includes accountability and high level communication skills when involved in peer review, advocacy for patient/family, reporting of errors, and professional writing.
- Participate, and often lead, collaborative teams to improve care outcomes and support policy changes through knowledge generation, knowledge dissemination, and planning and evaluating knowledge implementation.
- Analyze current and emerging technologies to support safe practice environments, and to optimize patient safety, cost-effectiveness, and health outcomes. Provide oversight and guidance in the integration of technologies to document patient care and improve patient outcomes.
- Understand the scope of health professions practice to maximize contributions within the Healthcare team.
- Coach and mentor new and experienced nurses as well as other Healthcare team members.
- Provide opportunities for the development of skills that will enhance safety and quality care delivery. Design strategies that promote lifelong learning of self and others that incorporate professional nursing standards and accountability for practice.
- Apply learning and teaching principles to design, implement, and evaluate health education programs for patients and families.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 5+ years of Registered Nurse Experience; 5+ years of Supervisor Experience
Certification - Certified Nurse Manager and Leader (CNML) - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply