If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryThis position has the exciting opportunity to provide support to Lacrosse Street and Jackson Boulevard Urgent Care Clinics, Wall Clinic and South Dakota Schools of Mines and Technology Student Health Clinic.
The Nurse Manager is responsible and accountable to ensure that department functions facilitate patient transitions of care and appropriate reimbursement. Assists with planning, organization, and managing the day-to-day clinic operations in order to meet the goals of Monument Health, as well as, meet federal, state, and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies. Drives organizational and human performance to include patient experience, quality, safety, productivity, and overall financial performance. Ensures caregiver well-being and develops caregivers’ talents to adopt ideas, new processes, new technology, and new products so as to ensure successful innovation. Supervises and evaluates the daily activities of the department, as well as, scheduling nursing caregivers, completing performance appraisals, interviewing/hiring, disciplinary action, and terminating.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates and executes effective leadership and management skills and ensures service excellence to all. Leads and manages clinical setting with a focus on the Monument Health strategic priorities.
- Oversees and ensures efficient clinic nursing operations, ensuring a high level of patient care, quality, service, and productivity. Demonstrates strong knowledge of care delivery systems and implements evidence-based best practices. Provides operational and technical direction. Continually monitors clinical performance, resolves problems, and revises operations as needed. Monitors key performance indicators and identifies and implements areas for improvement.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of core business structures, systems, practices, trends, and technologies within our current industry and of those in which we choose to compete in the future.
- Ensures new ideas are adopted and implemented to continually support the organization’s purpose and vision. Ensures caregivers share knowledge, understand decisions and the reasons why decisions are made and implemented.
- Provides exceptional leadership and promotes teamwork and collaboration. Is accountable for the engagement of clinical caregivers by creating an environment in which people feel valued and respected.
- Motivates staff in a positive manner toward a higher level of performance. Develops subordinates by direct teaching, coaching, guidance, and by recognizing needs for staff development. Ensures cross training is completed for staff and that development of staff is done via modality training and education. Displays strong patient experience skills in daily operations. Cultivates relationships with caregivers and providers to work cooperatively toward common goals. Displays professionalism and positive interpersonal skills when dealing with physicians, advanced practice providers, caregivers, patients, visitors, and the community.
- Performs human resource management responsibilities for nursing/clinic staff including interviewing and selection of new caregivers, orientation and onboarding, coaching and development, performance appraisals, conflict resolution, corrective action and terminations in collaboration with ambulatory operations leadership. Ensures appropriate staffing assignments to provide safe, efficient, quality patient care.
- Investigates/resolves complaints of caregivers, patients, visitors, ancillary departments, and medical staff through direct action or referral to appropriate individuals. Facilitates positive provider and caregiver communications.
- Assists with quality improvements and maintenance of clinic/patient/visitor/provider and caregiver safety. Assures that quality control requirements are met per identified clinic and departmental policies.
- Provides input into the annual operating and capital budgets and is accountable to operate within budget guidelines.
- Assists in the integration of new providers and services to facilities to assure staffing, practices, supplies, equipment meets the new provider/service needs.
- Plans and facilitates regularly scheduled caregiver meetings and participates in provider meetings as appropriate.
- Performs work on projects, special assignments, committees, and other duties as assigned or as necessity dictates.
Education - Bachelors in Nursing
Certifications - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Basic Life Support (BLS) - American Heart Association (AHA)
Work Experience - 1+ years Management Experience; 1+ years Registered Nurse ExperiencePhysical Requirements
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAmbulatory Nursing
DepartmentMHUC-RC Lacrosse St. Clinic Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply