If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryAssists with the planning, organization, and day-to-day clinical operation of the Dialysis unit to meet the goals of Rapid City Hospital, as well as meet the requirements of The Joint Commission and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies. Promotes the department, divisional and hospital goals and objectives in accordance with established hospital standards and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act. Provides direct patient care at least 50% of the time.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assists with the leadership of the department by effectively managing and supervising personnel, promoting a positive, professional attitude and high quality care.
- Consistently serves as a resource person for nursing staff, ancillary personnel, and/or community, as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the organization's financial practices relevant to the department operations.
- Evaluates and adjusts staffing requirements to maintain identified standards and to promote safe patient care as evidenced by observation and feedback. Participates in the provision of appropriate scheduling activities utilizing age specific growth and development guidelines.
- Responsible for coordinating and assisting with the day-to-day operation of the organization/department to promote the delivery of quality services according to established policies.
- Assists with the development of strategies that promote regulatory compliance, best practices, and positive survey outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective fiscal management through cost containment measures while ensuring high quality, cost effective care is being provided to patients.
- Performs data compilation and monitors and analyzes quality, safety, and financial data to evaluate quality of care/performance achieved. Identifies trends and patterns, recommends opportunities for improvement, and communicates performance outcomes information to appropriate boards, committees, organizations, departments, and personnel. Collaborates with staff who collect data and perform data queries to ensure complete, accurate data is available for review and analysis.
- Collaborates with providers, directors, and other disciplines in the development of long range plans.
- Supplies and equipment are maintained to support current unit practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Experience - 6+ months of Dialysis Experience
Physical Requirements: Very Heavy work - exerting over 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or more than 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Experience - 1+ years of Dialysis Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 1+ years of Management Experience; 1+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply