If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$27.75
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryPerforms mammographic examinations utilizing a variety of technical aspects that require judgment, ingenuity, and initiative in applying ionizing radiation to obtain diagnostic mammographic radiographs. Promotes a cooperative and professional atmosphere with emphasis on patient care. Serves patients of all ages.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Competently works within required computer programs (i.e. PACs, RIS, Vrad) as well as manual downtime processes.
- Consistently demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient positioning, principles of CR/DR, Fluoroscopy, quality control, image processing, and demonstrates the ability to plan own work. Assists physicians in performing procedures. Provides learning environment.
- Demonstrates competence in collimation, positioning of equipment and patient in such a way as to present a clear, undistorted view and consistently produces radiographs of high diagnostic quality.
- Documents appropriate information in patients’ charts.
- Ensures the procedure and related supplies are billed correctly.
- Enters patient information into dedicated mammography computer system. Operates system to generate appropriate reports and patient letters.
- Examines requisition for appropriate orders, exam date, indication for exam. Reprints corrected requisition.
- Monitors and evaluates the notification process for patient re-examination.
- Participates in the quality control program for mammography. Monitors results and notifies appropriate personnel when corrective action is needed. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Graduate - Radiology Program
Certification - **Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Radiologic Technologist (RT) - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); Advanced Registry Mammography Technologist (M) – American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Education - Associates: Related Field
Experience - 1+ years of Radiographer Experience
**Policy Number: MIS-7040-115 - Caregivers must be BLS certified upon employment or within their 90-day probation period.Physical Requirements:
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.
Job FamilyTechnical Radiology
DepartmentMHMC-SP 10th St. MIS General
Scheduled Weekly Hours32
Employee TypeRegular 62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply