If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$18.56
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryUses mechanical, technical, physical and communication skills in order to maintain a safe reliable and comfortable Healthcare environment. Carries out the daily corrective and preventative maintenance work of the department and stays abreast of the current technological issues in order to make the best positive contribution to patient care. Purchases materials. Plans, lays out and completes associated work.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Is familiar with light bulb, ballast replacement, and minor electrical repairs.
- Is able to repair faucets including replacement of tempering valves, flush valves, scrub sinks and all other Hospital related plumbing equipment.
- Performs upper level corrective and preventative maintenance to provide a safe and comfortable environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Is familiar with building utility systems and makes repairs as needed. Responds to calls related to the electrical, plumbing, sanitary, HVAC, Natural gas, and hydronic systems and performs regular and emergency maintenance as required. Is familiar with emergency and isolation procedures to preserve life and protect property.
- Is familiar with hospital systems. Troubleshoots and makes repairs as needed. Responds to calls related to Medical gas systems, Translogic tube system, nurse call, paging, code blue, trash and linen, sterilization, infectious waste, doors and locks, and elevators and performs regular and emergency maintenance as required.
- Fastens or removes various items and equipment in a facility using proper mounting or removal techniques.
- Evaluates and completes daily work orders and documents work and repairs accomplished in a timely fashion.
- Assists with maintenance work as assigned.
- Consistently demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the maintenance performance standards. Performs all functions within the scope of practice at a competent level.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Driver's License - State
Experience - 5+ years of Building Maintenance Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategorySupport Services
Job FamilyFacilities Management
DepartmentSPH Plant Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply