If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
DepartmentMHMC-SP North Ave. Primary Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Licensed Practical Nurse II utilizes a progressive, cooperative effort to provide patient care to promote safety, quality and satisfaction as authorized by licensed personnel, within his/her scope of practice. Plans, coordinates and provides total patient care specific to diagnosis and age of patients served on a continuing basis, to obtain optimum health for patient and family, in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policy and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act.
● Assists with patient/family teaching.
● Assists with the admission assessment process, as evidenced by chart review/observation/audit, using appropriate age-specific criteria.
● Contributes to the individualized problem list/plan of care.
● Contributes to the ongoing assessment of assigned patients, recognizes changes in the patient’s health status on a daily basis.
● Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to the plan of care.
● Performs nursing procedures and treatments according to nursing and unit specific standards, as evidenced by documentation and observation.
● Communicates effectively and conscientiously with all team members to share information and independently solve problems in a positive results oriented manner as evidenced by observation.
● Completes pre-procedure briefing and health status data when scheduled, as evidenced by chart review and observation.
● Consistently keeps patient flow running smoothly. Demonstrates the ability to make patient care decisions based on the urgency of individual needs.
Education - Associates in Related Field
Certifications - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA)
Work Experience - 1+ years Healthcare Experience; 1+ years Licensed Practical Nurse ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply