If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$23.05
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryJob Profile Summary
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works collaboratively to provide direct and indirect patient care in an identified/defined inpatient and/or ambulatory dialysis units. The LPN provides nursing care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of the physician or registered nurse (RN) and accepts delegation to meet the needs of the patient. The LPN provides nursing care in accordance with the policies and procedures of Monument Health, standards of the profession and in accordance with the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act, and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory and/or accreting agencies.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately complete and document focused assessment, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to the plan of care in collaboration with RN/provider.
- Properly prepares for care of patient by participating in pre-visit planning and preparation as applicable.
- Accurately administers and documents medications in accordance with best practice and departmental policies.
- Performs nursing procedures and treatments within Scope of Responsibilities according to nursing division and setting specific standards.
- Demonstrates skill and judgement necessary to implement physician orders, procedures, and nursing interventions.
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately perform and document assessments, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement changes to the plan of care in collaboration with RN/provider.
- Assists RN with data collection pertinent to the assessment process, as evidenced by chart review/observation/audit, using appropriate age-specific criteria.
- Assists RN in the recurring nursing process by contributing to the nursing assessment, participating in care planning and the development of nursing interventions and contributing to the evaluation of responses to nursing interventions.
- Provide/distribute preapproved/preprinted patient education materials. Provide reinforcement of health teaching and discharge instruction provided by RN/provider; directing all patient questions to RN/provider.
- Positively supports and contributes to departmental development as evidenced by participating in meetings, committees and continued education/training.
- Assists and actively participates in onboarding and mentoring of clinical staff per scope and as directed.
- Ensures documentation in the patient record is accurate, clear, concise within outlined Scope of Responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Completion of a nursing education program that is approved by a board of nursing
Certifications - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA)
Work Experience - 1+ years Healthcare Experience; 1+ years Licensed Practical Nurse ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply