If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryThe Licensed Practical Nurse II utilizes a progressive, cooperative effort to provide patient care to promote safety, quality and satisfaction as authorized by licensed personnel, within his/her scope of practice. Plans, coordinates and provides total patient care specific to diagnosis and age of patients served on a continuing basis, to obtain optimum health for patient and family, in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policy and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assists with patient/family teaching.
- Assists with the admission assessment process, as evidenced by chart review/observation/audit, using appropriate age-specific criteria.
- Contributes to the individualized problem list/plan of care.
- Contributes to the ongoing assessment of assigned patients, recognizes changes in the patient’s health status on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to the plan of care.
- Performs nursing procedures and treatments according to nursing and unit specific standards, as evidenced by documentation and observation.
- Communicates effectively and conscientiously with all team members to share information and independently solve problems in a positive results oriented manner as evidenced by observation.
- Completes pre-procedure briefing and health status data when scheduled, as evidenced by chart review and observation.
- Consistently keeps patient flow running smoothly. Demonstrates the ability to make patient care decisions based on the urgency of individual needs.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates in Related Field
Certifications - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA)
Work Experience - 1+ years Healthcare Experience; 1+ years Licensed Practical Nurse ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
DepartmentMonument Health Dermatology
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless there is an approved exemption. New hires will be required to have at least one dose of the vaccine prior to starting employment, with a second dose scheduled, or submit proof of previous vaccination.Apply