If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is accountable for the safe, efficient and effective delivery of nursing care, utilizing the nursing process to provide direction and supervision for the Certified Nursing Assistants and Health Unit Clerks. The LPN works under the supervision of the House Supervisor/RN and utilizes nursing skills in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. Assists the RN in the delivery of Healthcare based on the individual needs including age related consideration and pain assessment. The LPN provides nursing care as defined in department policies, procedures, schedules and standards of the profession and in accordance with the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act, and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies.
- Administers medications and treatments properly and in a timely manner.
- Assesses the health status and pain of the patient in order to develop an individualized care plan.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards, policies and procedures, and integrates knowledge into delivery of care.
- Performs nursing procedures and treatments according to nursing division and unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates skill and judgment necessary to implement physician orders, procedures, and nursing interventions.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to the plan of care.
- Educates patients and families considering age specific needs.
- Performs direct patient care at a high professional level on a timely basis to meet the need of inpatients/outpatients.
- Positively supports and contributes to departmental development as evidenced by participating in meetings and training.
- Prioritizes and organizes delivery of care in a consistent manner. Initiates interdisciplinary collaboration to promote optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Provides leadership for team and input into Departmental management.
- Utilizes critical thinking in implementing the coordination of medical and nursing interventions. Interventions demonstrate care planning that will promote good clinical outcomes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Related Field
Certification - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply