If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$23.49
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Licensed Practical Nurse II utilizes a progressive, cooperative effort to provide patient care to promote safety, quality and satisfaction as authorized by licensed personnel, within his/her scope of practice. Plans, coordinates and provides total patient care specific to diagnosis and age of patients served on a continuing basis, to obtain optimum health for patient and family, in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policy and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately complete and document focused assessment, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to the plan of care in collaboration with RN/provider.
- Properly prepares for care of patient by participating in pre-visit planning and preparation as applicable.
- Accurately administers and documents medications in accordance with best practice and departmental policies.
- Performs nursing procedures and treatments within Scope of Responsibilities according to nursing division and setting specific standards.
- Demonstrates skill and judgement necessary to implement physician orders, procedures, and nursing interventions.
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately perform and document assessments, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement changes to the plan of care in collaboration with RN/provider.
- Assists RN with data collection pertinent to the assessment process, as evidenced by chart review/observation/audit, using appropriate age-specific criteria.
- Assists RN in the recurring nursing process by contributing to the nursing assessment, participating in care planning and the development of nursing interventions and contributing to the evaluation of responses to nursing interventions.
- Provide/distribute preapproved/preprinted patient education materials. Provide reinforcement of health teaching and discharge instruction provided by RN/provider; directing all patient questions to RN/provider.
- Positively supports and contributes to departmental development as evidenced by participating in meetings, committees and continued education/training.
- Assists and actively participates in onboarding and mentoring of clinical staff per scope and as directed.
- Ensures documentation in the patient record is accurate, clear, concise within outlined Scope of Responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Completion of a nursing education program that is approved by a board of nursing
Certifications - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
Work Experience - 1+ years Healthcare Experience; 1+ years Licensed Practical Nurse ExperiencePhysical Requirements: Very Heavy work - exerting over 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or more than 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply