If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategorySupport Services
Job FamilyMaterials Management
DepartmentRCH Central Sterile Processing
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryProvide positive leadership as an extension of the management team. Helps direct shift priorities and performs appropriate delegation to ensure the team accomplishes shift goals. Accountable for accurate inventory of implant sets, carts, and Pyxis supply inventory system to ensure high quality of patient care. Collaborates with other departments to ensure receiving and returning of all equipment that has been sent for cleaning and sterilization. Serve as a mentor for all staff members. Performs all processing duties of medical/surgical supplies and equipment, both sterile and non-sterile, which include preparing, cleaning, processing, storing, and issuing.
- Consistently and accurately transfers sterile items to the sterile storage area, rotates supplies, and safeguards the integrity of sterile supplies through proper handling.
- Accurately assembles decontaminated individual items, instruments, and trays. Accurately completes count sheet, tray menu, indicator strips, and sterilizing tapes.
- Assists with ordering non-sterile and sterile inventory to ensure replacement supplies are readily available when needed.
- Demonstrates proper care and handling of surgical instruments to prolong life of the instruments.
- Maintains quality of trays and individually packaged items in circulation. Proactively replaces items that are worn out or in need of repair.
- Responsible for management notification when items are missing or become broken.
- Assists with overall process for inventory restocking of Pyxis supply station and Flex track system to ensure appropriate par levels of implants.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in decontamination, assembling, sterilizing, storing, distribution, and inventory of equipment, supplies, and implantation devices for patient care.
- Works cooperatively with OR and Central Sterile to jointly resolve issues or develop better services for surgical implementation.
- Able to help resolve issues or offer alternatives when instrumentation needs present a challenge to the regular workflow in Central Sterile.
- Verifies that required instrumentation has been sterilized and is available for next-day cases.
- Responsible for clear and precise communication and actions between Central Sterile and the OR. Addresses issues in communication/procedures by routinely reviewing OR schedule and suggesting modifications.
- Assists in prioritizing processing of instruments and equipment for surgical procedures to facilitate turnover of cases and on time starts.
- Assists supervisor in day-to-day activities to include answering phones, daily staff assignment sheet and communications with staff members on instrument requirements and availability.
- Assists with onboarding, orientation, and mentoring of new staff.
- Shares knowledge with co-workers through open communication and continuous development of skills.
- Performs real time in-services with SPD staff.
- Applies and enforces regulations, standards, and hospital policy and procedures pertaining to all areas of sterile processing.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Experience - 1+ years of Sterile Processing Experience
Certification - Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) - Accredited University or Training Center
Education - Associates in Health Sciences
Experience - 3+ years of Sterile Processing ExperiencePhysical Requirements: Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to
30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply